Friday, May 28, 2010

COACHING THE COACH

I have just had the experience of a life coaching session with a new connection in Geneva. And it is funny how, when the tables are turned, one can get a feeling first hand of what it is like to receive rather than to share.

Strangely I was really kind of nervous to start with and found myself a little uneasy and unsure of what to expect. Once we dived into it, I felt indulgent to spend the time on myself and to be speaking to a stranger about my thoughts, successes and challenges. To a stranger?!

Whilst we were going through her routine, I realized how daunting my prospects must feel, when they meet me for the very first time; excited and curious, yet a little dubious about what they should be preparing perhaps and what they might get out of it at the end. A little anxious even about what may be uncovered...

I had entered the conversation with an open mind and eventually was blown away by the impact it had on my emotions as well as the realization of true clarity for my personal and professional  ambitions.

We set some homework to get going on next steps after a blissful hour of someone’s undivided attention to hash out a plan of how I can best go about achieving my goals. No judgments or expectations on her part.

Since the coaching session, I feel energized and ready to roll with nothing that can possibly stand in my way. So here I am, fully fueled and ready to rock!

Being able to put yourself in your customer’s position, will certainly help you to feel their desire and needs and maybe their insecurities about buying from you. With this insight, you can ensure you tailor your approach and service, to reflect your customer’s expectations and deliver peace of mind from the start.

Take the time and do the exercise. Replicate a customer experience to truly get to the bottom of what they want and then give it to them. Why would they ever want to shop anywhere else?

Thank you, Vanessa (http://simplyzest.com/sz/) for giving me the customer’s perspective. I will hold this true in my heart and make sure, this lesson will be a valuable learning experience to better serve my clients.


Happy Weekend ;-)
Conny

No comments:

Post a Comment